Saturday, July 14, 2012

Janssen does his best Howard Stern and Jason Ellis Impression

I've been searching high and low for something I can finally post about news worthy.  I spent three days staring at NHL.com praying something other than "Rick Nash's trade coming some time this century" on the main page.  I didn't find it.  But what I did find, intrigued me.  Cam Janssen had been interviewed by "The Thom and Jeff Show".  Never heard of it? Yea, me neither.  Now you have.  I have never heard anything about them and I for one am a huge fan of edgy, uncensored radio.  A couple of years ago Scott Ferrall of Howard Stern fame interviewed Brian Rolston.  The talk was mostly about Kovalchuk's new mega contract but also some slight adult themes.  Rollie, being the mature hockey player he is, kept it a little more PG-13 as much as he could.  Whereas our friend Cam Janssen, uhhh... took it to the next level.

In the interview Cam called the LA Kings "The fat broads you bang, then regret you banged them.  I've been there and done that before!" Holy hell!  Now our friend #25 is just getting started.  He then went into saying something that completely destroys his reputation as a player and human being.  He said he intentionally sets out to hurt other players.  Acording to "SBNation.com" this is what Cam said:


"I love it. And you know what, I respect a lot of the guys and you wanna have people respect you. If you're a f****** dips*** out there, you're not going to get any respect and other teams aren't gonna respect you. And if other teams don't respect you, then they're not gonna sign you and it's just kind of a trickle effect.
"But you wanna be scary. You wanna put the fear of f******* God in people's eyes, and not just, 'Oh, I'm gonna beat you up' -- no, 'I'm gonna catch you with your f******* head down and hurt you because you're not gonna know I'm comin', because I know how to hit.' Fighting guys is one thing because I know, 'Oh, I won't fight you. I'll just turtle.' Whatever. But if you have the puck and you know how to hit and you can hurt guys with hits like I know how to do, that's what puts the fear of God into people."
 Christ!  But THEN... Oh yes my little pitchforks, our friend Cam isn't done yet.  He then makes a comment about gays.  Yes, you heard it here.  He was asked about trash talking on the ice.  He said that guys use "personal s***" to get their point across.  The host then asked him: (This is very graphic folks) "So if a guy was s****** c*** a few weeks ago, you'd let him know about it?"

To which Cam replied: "Oh if he is s****** c***, he's getting his a** kicked!"  

He offered an apology the following day: 
"Earlier this week, I participated in an internet-based radio show in which I used some poor judgment which I now regret. The New Jersey Devils were unaware of this interview, which I arranged myself.
"I would like to apologize for my poor choice of language. The tone of the interview was very casual and off-color, and I lost focus on what is and is not acceptable and professional. I am deeply sorry to anyone who was offended by my language. Moving forward, I hope to eliminate that type of language from my vocabulary. I would also like to take this chance to express my support for the work the You Can Play project is doing, and for the gay community in general.

"I apologize for the embarrassment my comments have caused to the New Jersey Devils management, as well as my teammates."

Good job Cammy!  We are sure glad you're back! Hey NHL LOOK!!! OUR VERY OWN SEAN AVERY!!!!!  God help us all!

If you want to actually hear the interview, here it is.  Don't say I didn't warn you.  http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/7/12/3155651/cam-janssen-interview-video-devils


No comments:

Post a Comment